Thursday, October 20, 2011

Jessica Maciejewski

Jessica Maciejewski
Founder and agent with Ritual Bloodstock and WorldEquus

I moved from PA to KY at the age of 18 with dreams and aspirations of becoming a famous race horse trainer. The motivation was spawned from the love of horses and many picture books I viewed as a child of the beautiful farms and history of the infamous bluegrass state. Kentucky was amazing, and I started out on the backside, but what I saw made me change my mind about a career in training. I did not like many of the practices and treatment of horses observed on the track. It is also a very difficult feat to make your way in this business as a female without family ties in the thoroughbred business. I tried my way in several different venues of the industry, pedigree forms at Bloodstock Research now known as Brisnet, show person for Keeneland sales, pari-mutuel clerk, farm worker, and equine veterinary technician. I eventually discovered the world of a Bloodstock agent. A Bloodstock agent is much like a Real Estate agent, I locate and purchase what a buyer of thoroughbreds wants. It is a tough profession and takes a very long time to build your reputation. So in the process, I went to school at the University of Kentucky to kill time and received a degree in Biotechnology. I chose the degree so I could concentrate on genetics and apply to my Bloodstock research. The thoroughbred industry is tough, you have to have a tough skin and be educated. I do not have a job or career, I have a lifestyle and it is fabulous. The sport of racing is invigorating and I want to share my passion with everyone. I flourish from providing others with information, answering questions, and introducing you to these amazing athletes. The sport of racing is an adrenaline rush like nothing you will ever experience. The purpose of this page is to provide a comfortable forum that you can feel welcome to ask any and all questions. It is not designed to attack, criticize, or complain about people, places or events. Owning a thoroughbred, being a partner, or simply a fan is confusing. The blog is an international reference, the BBB of racing. Please post and contribute any and all experiences, tips, thoughts, and experiences to help each other learn. Enjoy
.

No comments:

Post a Comment